Low-Calorie, 2-Ingredient Banana Pancakes
Hey everyone, I wanted to share one of my favourite and quick breakfast recipes. These are basically 2-ingredient healthy pancakes that are super easy to make and healthhy as well. These pancakes are perfect if you’re looking for a sweet, low-calorie breakfast and they're gluten-free, flour-free, dairy-free, and basically only made with two ingredients + spice.
I really like to make these when I have a sweet tooth in the morning or just as a snack. These pancakes are only made with bananas, egg whites, cinnamon, and salt. I know just hearing the ingredients you’re like how are these pancakes, well, they’re sweet from the banana (no added sugar), resemble the shape and consistency of a pancake, and overall a yummy, low-cal meal. It’s customizable for your liking so you can add oats, protein powder, nut butter, fruit, etc., anything you think will make them taste better! This recipe makes enough for one person so double it if you’re making for two.
- 1 ripe banana
- 2 egg whites
- Optional: half scoop of protein powder and/or oats
1. Start heating up a pan on medium heat.
2. Combine all ingredients in a bowl. Mash everything up with a fork until they’re well combined and mushy.
3. Once your pancake mixture is combined, add a dollop of butter onto the pan (make sure it’s sizzling hot).
4. Add the mixture into small-medium sized shaped pancakes and cook them for a few minutes until you see the sides brown and they’re a solid consistency on the bottom.
5. Flip them and cook them for another minute or two
6. When you’re done, drizzle with maple syrup, peanut butter, fruit, or whatever else you’d like on them!
The one mistake I used to make when I first started cooking them was not cooking them for long enough and when I'd flip them, they'd fall apart. Personally, I like them kind of burnt so I cook them for longer than they should, but obviously you can cook them until they're the colour you like!
I made my pancakes with a side of turkey bacon. I love this brand of turkey bacon and eat it almost everyday - they're only 40 calories for two pieces but you have to be careful because of the high sodium content. For those who say turkey bacon isn't as good as regular bacon - you're not wrong. But you can make it taste almost as good and make it almost as crispy. I fry the bacon for at least 7 minutes flipping back and fourth until it shrinks significantly in size and when it looks crispy, then I put them to the side on top of a paper towel.
Give these pancakes a try and let me know how you like them! Like this post if you’ve had them before and share with anyone who you think will enjoy!