20 Minute Salmon Quinoa Bowl with Homemade Greek Yogurt Dip
Updated: Mar 29
Day 5 of self-isolation and I have been cooking up a storm. I wont waste your time like most foodie-blog posts on explaining all the flavours and details you guys already know but to cut to the gist - this is super simple, quick, healthy lunch or dinner meal. You need few ingredients, leftovers, and things you probably already have in your fridge and cupboards. I used leftover quinoa and veggies, and this recipe is awesome because it's completely versatile, so customize to your liking!
First - Pre-heat your oven to broil to 500°.
- Fillet of salmon
- Drizzle of olive oil (or avocado oil, grapeseed oil, etc.)
- Lemon juice
- Minced garlic (or powdered garlic if you don't have minced garlic)
- Red pepper flakes (for spice, if you don't like spice, don't use it!)
- Quinoa (or your choice of grain/salad - rice, couscous, lettuce, spinach, etc.) *will be referring to quinoa for rest of recipe*
- Any vegetables you have on-hand or like (I used: cucumber, kale, and red pepper)
For greek yogurt sauce/dip:
- Greek yogurt (duh)
- Lemon juice
- Drizzle of olive oil
- Minced garlic
- Chopped cucumber
1. If you don't already have leftover quinoa, rice, etc., start cooking this now! Follow the instructions on the box/online.
1/2. First pre-heat your oven to BROIL to 500° (if you haven't done so already) ;)
2. Get the salmon ready by putting the salmon on an aluminum foil wrapped baking sheet.
3. Put as much lemon juice on it as you'd like, drizzle the olive oil, put about a tablespoon of garlic (depending on the size of your salmon, how much you like garlic, etc,) drizzle of honey, and put salt, pepper, red pepper flakes, and any other spices you'd like on it (Italian seasoning, onion powder, etc., would also be good).
4. Use a brush, spoon, or your hand to gently rub the marinade together on your salmon and onto the sides.
5. Put the salmon in the oven and broil for 10-12 minutes depending on the size of your salmon.
Greek Yogurt Dip/Sauce
1. Take two big spoon fulls (or as much or little as you want depending on how many people are eating) of greek yogurt and put it bowl.
2. Squeeze lemon juice into it (about 1tbs-3tbs).
3. Drizzle in olive oil (less than a tablespoon).
3. Put in a teaspoon of minced garlic, tablespoon (or as much cucumber as you'd like), and add salt and pepper for taste.
4. Mix all together and taste. If you think it could use more of something, add it!
Putting Your Bowl Together!
1. Put quinoa in your bowl as a base.
2. Put the salmon in the middle.
3. Put your veggies in on the side - the more the merrier!
4. Greek yogurt dip on the other side or on top of your salmon.
5. Squeeze lemon juice over the veggies and rest of the bowl.
Hope this was simple enough to follow! Please share and leave your feedback on how you like it, what I can do better, etc. Hope you guys enjoy!