Garlic Butter Shrimp Pasta with Salad & Homemade Croutons
Updated: Mar 29
This is a super simple and straight-forward recipe that is perfect for a date night (if you're not scared of garlic, that is). Me and my boyfriend tackled this as a team which made the process efficient, fun, and yummy (snacking on parmesan cheese during the entire process). If you don't feel like making pasta, at least use this amazing salad dressing! The salad dressing is super healthy and delicious with ingredients you probably already have in your kitchen. Homemade croutons are so much better than the store bought ones and if you disagree then you've never had homemade croutons before. They pair amazingly with the salad dressing but also on their own
First - Pre-heat oven to 375° if you're making croutons! If not, skip this step.
Ingredients for Shrimp Pasta
- Frozen raw jumbo shrimp - peeled and deveined
- Fettuccini pasta
- 1 stick of unsalted butter
- 4 (or more) cloves of minced garlic
- Dried oregano
- Crushed dried red pepper flakes
- 2 cups baby arugula (or spinach)
- 1/4 cup of grated parmesan (grate it yourself - SO MUCH BETTER!)
- Optional: Chopped parsley for garnish
Ingredients for Salad & Dressing
- Arugula (we used this as we bought a box for the pasta, but use whatever you'd like)
- Lemon Juice (half a lemon squeezed)
- Olive oil (match amount of lemon juice)
- Dijon mustard (about a teaspoon)
- Grated parmesan cheese
- If making croutons:
- 4-5 slices of stale French bread (ideally) or not-stale bread
- Olive oil
Directions for Croutons
Start here if you're making croutons
1. Pre-heat oven to 375°.
2. Slice your bread into equal cubes.
3. Put bread in a container with a lid (that you can shake) and drizzle over olive oil and shake gently.
4. Once all bread cubes are lightly covered, get an aluminum covered baking sheet and spread out bread onto sheet.
5. Once oven is pre-heated put in for 10 minutes, then take them out and move them around, and put in for a 4-6 more minutes (or until golden brown).
6. When done, take them out and sprinkle salt over them. Enjoy!
Directions for Shrimp Pasta
1. Start a pot of water and boil. Add salt once water is starting to boil, and add pasta once water is a roaring boil.
2. Season shrimp with salt and pepper and set aside.
3. Melt about 2 tablespoons of butter onto large skillet over medium heat. Add garlic, oregano, red pepper flakes, and pepper, and stir until fragrant (about 2 minutes).
4. While pasta is cooking, use a cup to take about a cup of pasta water and set aside.
5. Add shrimp and cook, stirring occasionally, until pink. About 3-4 minutes, then set aside.
6. In the same skillet, melt remaining butter and the pasta water. Stir in pasta, arugula, and parmesan until arugula starts to wilt (about 2 minutes). Stir in shrimp.
7. Serve immediately! Add more parmesan, pepper, and garnish with parsley.
Directions for Salad Dressing (the best dressing ever!)
1. Mix together equal portions of lemon juice and olive oil, with a fork.
2. Add a dollop of dijon (I usually put some on the end of my fork, about a teaspoon).
3. Add grated in parmesan (to desired consistency)
4. Add a pinch of salt.
I really hope you enjoy these recipes! I know I don't put the measurements sometimes, but a lot of my cooking is eyeing it (especially for oils, vinegars, and spices), so try to use your instincts! Thank you and feedback if you tried it.